Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned my C-HR for about three weeks now. It's a keyless entry/start type and my usual way of unlocking the car is by using the key fob. HOWEVER, I vaguely recall the car unlocking automatically when I approached without me pressing the key fob for the first couple of days I droveit, but if that was so, it won't happen now. I've seen mention online of Toyotas unlocking automatically, but the C-HR manual doesn't mention anything.

Did I imagine the car unlocking itself without me using the key fob? If I didn't imagine it, what might I have done to stop it working? :lol:

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
you should just put your hand on the door handle and it should unlock and put your palm across the handle to lock it,
page 149 in the manual

·
Registered
760 Posts
I think it can be switched off. Not got time now to check but have a look at settings

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
Karmalakas said:
ans said:
put your palm across the handle to lock it
No need for a full palm. One fingertip on three lines on a handle is more than enough ;)
Nothing so precise from me, I just wave my hand in front of it. Was just trying to explain how to lock it without sounding mad :lol:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank-you everyone! I DID imagine it, then. I can touch the door handles and it will unlock, but for some reason I recalled the car unlocking just by walking towards the car (because that's when I first noticed the lit Toyota C-HR logo on the tarmac). I must have pressed the key fob, after all.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Wing mirror lights and interior lights are lit when key is nearby. You can disable this function from car settings menu.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmm - I don't think mine are illuminating any more. Why do I have to mess with settings?! If I left things alone, everything would surely still work as intended...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts