Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
Anyone else experiencing a delayed delivery from originally advised date?
My Dyanmic Hybrid was meant to be delivered next Friday, now being told because of a "Toyota wide" issues it'll be another 2-3 weeks!!
Anyone else having the same issue or am I getting B.S from the dealer haha

·
Registered
149 Posts
I got told last week by Toyota in Cyprus that my car wouldn't be here until 6th May, was expecting to take delivery at end of April.
Low and behold they rang on 27th April to tell me it had been delivered to the port, apparently details of it being shipped hadn't been updated.

They did tell me a few weeks ago that there was a hold up at the factory as it took my car 3 weeks to leave site even though it had passed inspection.
Maybe this is the "windscreen" issue being sorted

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mills699 said:
I got told last week by Toyota in Cyprus that my car wouldn't be here until 6th May, was expecting to take delivery at end of April.
Low and behold they rang on 27th April to tell me it had been delivered to the port, apparently details of it being shipped hadn't been updated.

They did tell me a few weeks ago that there was a hold up at the factory as it took my car 3 weeks to leave site even though it had passed inspection.
Maybe this is the "windscreen" issue being sorted
It's so frustrating to be given a date and then have it changed last minute don't you think?
Wouldn't surprise me if it's the "windscreen" issue, although I'd rather it be a few days longer and not have the issue haha!
If I do have the issue after this delay, I won't be happy mind haha!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Luckily I've now been told that they should have an update on Tuesday after bank holiday.
Been "promised" if anyone in front of me cancels their order, that I'll have first refusal.
So can't really complain, just a long wait now until I find out

·
Registered
554 Posts
And the update was??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We have no update for you haha!!
Still waiting and got no idea on when I'll be get my car :(

·
Registered
149 Posts
Mine is going to be ready for collection next week, so nearly a 2 weeks delay. Got a discount on the sat Nav as it doesn't come as standard here in Cyprus.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I was promised that the delivery of my ordered C-HR was going to be in the week of 17 april. When that week passed by i was told to wait for the first week of may. This friday i visited my toyota garage and they told me to wait for another week.
Although they were not able to tell me on what day the delivery was going to be... I wouldn't be surprised if the car isn't going to be deliverd again.

I'm starting to feel that they are not honest to me about the delays. They probably know more about it but are chosing not to tell the buyers why there is a delay. Maybe i should contact toyota customer service instead of my local toyota garage.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My CHR was supposed to be delivered to the dealer, on may 4th, but on may 1st it was already there.
I can pick it up this Tuesday.
So in the Netherlands no delays..

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just emailed my dealer asking if we were still good for Friday

Got an email back from a flunky telling me car is still at sea and date has been pushed 2 weeks :(

So dissapointed !

·
Registered
55 Posts
southpatt said:

Got an email back from a flunky telling me car is still at sea and date has been pushed 2 weeks :(

So dissapointed !
You may have to wait longer! Mine got to port the other day but they rang me and told me they are stopping all deliveries (at least here in the UK) to check for a faulty windscreen. Mine was due on Sunday, now been puched back to... well.. I don't know when.

Let's hope it is still worth the wait!

·
Registered
129 Posts
A-Dawg said:
southpatt said:

So dissapointed !
You may have to wait longer! Mine got to port the other day but they rang me and told me they are stopping all deliveries (at least here in the UK) to check for a faulty windscreen. Mine was due on Sunday, now been puched back to... well.. I don't know when.

Let's hope it is still worth the wait!
Oh no I'd be gutted! Hope the wait's not too long.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Mines coming from Japan - so hope none of that Windscreen issue

Think it was just an issue of missed the boat (by that much)

I am unable to explain the delay in Japan.
There is a further screen in the Toyota SAP system which shows that the vehicle had a line-off date of 26/4/17 (i.e. vehicle finished).
In-Transit to overseas wharf date of 27/4/17.
Ready for shipment date of 28/4/17. (This is where the delay occurred).
Order shipped date of 15/5/17.
As I said the vehicle is porting on 31/5/17 (with ETA to us of 14/6/17) and we will request Toyota get the vehicle to us ASAP.
I have just put a tentative date of delivery as Fri 16/6/17 but this will change.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ordered mine in the middle of February, It arrived on the 12th of May at my local garage but had to wait until today to go and pick it up. It took a while to get the papers from Toyota, plus my local garage wasn't in a hurry to hand over my new car. Not so happy about that.

But i'm pleased to pick it up this evening. I was just wondering what i need to check (besides a cracked frontscreen and any scratches on the outside of the car) when i go and collect my C-HR

·
Registered
93 Posts
southpatt said:
Why delivered to your local garage and not a dealer ?

Why not in a hurry to hand it over - did they want to keep it :)
When i say local garage i meant dealer (i think in my case it's the same). My toyota dealer/garage is about 500m from my home.

I don't know why they took so long to hand over the car. Maybe they have to much work and not enough staff to get everything done in a normal period of time. But the waiting is over :) . After work I will go and get my C-HR

·
Registered
685 Posts
Just signed for new C-HR :)
Now im poor again :(

Just 1 pc. left availbale in my trim and color in next production run!!

So..
Reserved 23-5-2017
Estimated date of arrival : 4-7-2017

·
Registered
172 Posts
DutCHR said:
Just signed for new C-HR :)
Now im poor again :(

Just 1 pc. left availbale in my trim and color in next production run!!

So..
Reserved 23-5-2017
Estimated date of arrival : 4-7-2017
Valt nog mee hoor. Ik heb 11 weken moeten wachten.
(10 weken is normaal in NL)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.