Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!
I'm not sure about the correct wording for this in English but you know the sensor for detecting cars slightly behind you in other lanes? That one.

Alright, both sides has been working great for about 4000km until the other day when the right sensor stopped working.
In very few occasions I get the little orange light in the mirror but mostly it stays off even when passing busses and large vehicles.

Anyone else had this problem?

In a few days I'll arrange a visit to the dealership and see what the fault can be, I'll keep you guys up to date but in the mean time please let me know if anyone else has had this.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Are you sure it is a fault? Because the system uses radars and detects the speed of the vehicles in the near lanes and ignores the ones you've passed (going away from you).
And it is called BSM (Blind Spot Monitor) which essentially is the same system used also as RCTA (Rear Cross Traffic Allert).

·
Registered
380 Posts
The 2 radar sensors are located in each corner of the rear bumper just below the tail lights.
I assume that there is no dirt or stickers on the bumper.

·
Registered
175 Posts
JulianoG said:
Are you sure it is a fault? Because the system uses radars and detects the speed of the vehicles in the near lanes and ignores the ones you've passed (going away from you).
And it is called BSM (Blind Spot Monitor) which essentially is the same system used also as RCTA (Rear Cross Traffic Allert).
It will only ignore the ones you have overtaken if you are travelling fast enough, if you are on a motorway and just creeping past the BSM will detect it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone! Our C-HR also has the BSM system and was working brilliantly until week 4. The passenger side sensor now works only sometimes. I reported it to the dealer and having looked at the car, was told that there is a special tool required to align the sensors and once they had it they would take the car in. Sorry, of course I was told they could find nothing wrong with the car!
Some days later, Toyota Ireland sent a 'technical' guy to check the car. He took us to the local Tesco car park to demonstrate the self park system. When I asked him the purpose of the demonstration, his reply was that it was proof the system was working correctly! :D
I am aware that there are two radar units, one either side at the rear behind the back bumper but he didn't it would appear! When I said it to him that I believed he did not have the technical ability to sort the problem, his final words were 'the car is performing as it should be as it left the factory'.
The dealer is fantastic but their hands are tied as this 'technical expert' ok's warranty work I presume. Is this the normal way Toyota deals with technical issues that arise? I would have a very high opinion of Toyota and am hoping this is an isolated case. Any thoughts.......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts