Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
Hope I can explain this. Just caught a high kerb with front of c-hr. Right at bottom underneath honeycomb grill I have damaged the silver trim that runs full length of car. Does anyone know how to replace this. I think the silver plastic trim may be attached or is part to another length of black trim.
Hope I have explained this sufficiently.
I think it may be a visit to dealer!!!
Thanks

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hi All
Hope I can explain this. Just caught a high kerb with front of c-hr. Right at bottom underneath honeycomb grill I have damaged the silver trim that runs full length of car. Does anyone know how to replace this. I think the silver plastic trim may be attached or is part to another length of black trim.
Hope I have explained this sufficiently.
I think it may be a visit to dealer!!!
Thanks
If it's the part I'm thinking of. Think it's an added part to the black part. So should be able to be removed/repaired/replaced.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I have done a lot of searching on internet and phoned my local dealer, who was very helpful. You are right I can buy the silver front skirt =£380 (ouch). However looks like front end has to come off as skirt attaches through a slot and can only be accessed by taking most of front end off. My mistake feels like it's going be very costly 😢

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks, trying that but no look as yet!!
Did you sort this?
Is this what Toyota quoted for?
This is the Front Guard and the Front Under Guard which is about £380

The silver part is available for about £130

I’ve been thinking of just installing the silver part. Couldn’t really work out how much of a difference the full front guard makes to how it looks on the car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info, however the fitting document you sent was not the part damaged. I have had car repaired, total cost was £540. All front end of car had to come off and the silver trim slotted through a slit in plastic and held in place with clips. Took Toyota 2.5 hrs to do and charged me £110 labour ( Inc in the £540) which I didn't think was too bad. The trim was only available on dynamique model and it really lowers front end of car. I have to really careful when parking, especially if there is a kerb in front of car. Thanks anyway for your reply👍

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the info, however the fitting document you sent was not the part damaged. I have had car repaired, total cost was £540. All front end of car had to come off and the silver trim slotted through a slit in plastic and held in place with clips. Took Toyota 2.5 hrs to do and charged me £110 labour ( Inc in the £540) which I didn't think was too bad. The trim was only available on dynamique model and it really lowers front end of car. I have to really careful when parking, especially if there is a kerb in front of car. Thanks anyway for your reply👍
Thanks I was looking for a solution as my standard plastic has a 1-2inch crack on the front edge going underneath. I think from a speed bump or coming out of a car park, was looking as hiding strengthening with the front skirt/guard options.

Is it the front skirt you have instead?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks I was looking for a solution as my standard plastic has a 1-2inch crack on the front edge going underneath. I think from a speed bump or coming out of a car park, was looking as hiding strengthening with the front skirt/guard options.

Is it the front skirt you have instead?

Hi,
Yes mine has the front skirt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts