Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

has anyone connected their phone for the internet access on the touch2 system on the car? particularly with a Samsung S5? I don't seem to be able to make a successful connection from the system to my phone. I've turned on the 'hotspot' feature of my phone, although it doesn't look like anything I've seen on youtube (old phone now I guess).
Frustrated because on those feature look good....petrol....parking...toyota online...even google street :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
I 've done it with my Mi Mix. Bluetooth pairing for calls etc is easy. When I make my phone a hotspot I always have to enable "bluetooth internet sharing" to connect.
I have no option to share internet via wi-fi. There is in the manual but not in the car settings.
I already asked my dealer and waiting an answer for this and voice recognition witch I paid but I don't have.

Funny thing though, most of Toyota apps are demo and I have to buy them. Why the hell I paid almost 1000 euro more then?

·
Registered
521 Posts
I have a Samsung S6 and it was very straightforward to connect to the internet, via either Hot Spot or Bluetooth tethering. Now automatically connects to the internet as soon as I am in the car as long as I have Hot Spot or tethering turned on. One point does your mobile data plan allow tethering, not all of them do?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
asinrute said:
One point does your mobile data plan allow tethering, not all of them do?
Just checked with EE my provider and they say they do.

I have connected my phone via bluetooth no problem.....but haven't had any luck with internet yet. seen I need to register my car device on the mytoyota site....but I don't think I can do that unless the wifi/internet is connected on my phone LOL
may be I'm being a bit dense here :)

·
Registered
521 Posts
You need the device ID which is 25 digits go into settings on the front left of the nav screen Touch the "General" button on the screen. Scroll to the bottom screen and select Touch "System information". The device ID should now be visible on the screen.
You need to enter that on your Mt Toyota web page

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
asinrute said:
You need the device ID which is 25 digits go into settings on the front left of the nav screen Touch the "General" button on the screen. Scroll to the bottom screen and select Touch "System information". The device ID should now be visible on the screen.
You need to enter that on your Mt Toyota web page
cheers Asinrute :D

·
Super Moderator
1,861 Posts
It would do it automatically if you can get the internet working .but I don't think it will help your situation..
Have you read the manual.
Checked phone compatibility.
Try this one step at a time:
Portable mobile hotspot on.
Bluetooth tethering on .
Should ask for a pairing number to match and you should be good to go.
Also where are you based maybe someone on here is local to you and might be able to pop round and help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.