Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody got signs of condensation in headlight units??

·
Super Moderator
1,861 Posts
I think somebody else has posted about it. I personally haven't got any in my lights, but if I did I would take it back to the dealer

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mentioned it to them when I was last there, and was told that regarding warranty on them. If after 10 mins of lights being on it cleared that was acceptable ?? I tried earlier and it didn't clear so may be a trip to the dealer again.

More concerned with getting the keyed bodywork sorted at mo, that's looking like it might have to be an insurance job as some of the prices I'm getting quoted are big !!

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have seen this mentioned once in a C-hr Facebook group. Someone posted pics with some condensation and i think it was visible from the side of the car.

I have also seen a picture of the stock headlight removed and inside the lowest part of the headlight i saw some condensation absorbing granules.Not sure if all C-hr's have them or not. Here is an example: https://sc01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1ccyFSXXXXXXZaXXXq6xXFXXXD/201217623/HTB1ccyFSXXXXXXZaXXXq6xXFXXXD.jpg

Is this condensation visible during the day or is it something you see only at night with the lights on (specially if you have LEDs?). If it is something you see at night only then pretty much all cars have this specially those with LEDs as the light makes these more visible.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can see it in the day, even if the car isn't even on. So no lights on at all.

·
Registered
521 Posts
It looks like I've got some condensation in my rear light units, it's in the section that is on the boot, only noticed it today when I was cleaning the car, will keep an eye on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.