Toyota C-HR Forum banner

Competitors

6K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Imus 
#1 ·
Just out of interest - before you decided on your new C-HR what alternaticves did you consider? As a long-term Prius driver I was comparing it with the latest Prius and also a Mercedes GLA.
Alex

#2 ·
Well I only had a couple of requirements - Smoked windows, automatic, good sat nav, fit my golf clubs and funky look.... there was nothing else on the market that I really liked except from the Audi Q2, and the Hyundai ioniq.

#3 ·
The main criteria for me was that it had to be hybrid - which somewhat limited the choice as I have not won the lottery - yet!

There was another Prius, but to be honest I think that with the latest model they have made the interior look "cheap" and plasticy.

Then there was the Hyundai Ioniq - but I was totally nonplussed when I went yo have a look at one - especially when the salesman did not know about the road tax changes that were coming into effect in April.

The third option was the Kia Nero but compared to the C-HR I thought it overpriced, under specified and was not in the zero road tax band.

#5 ·
Ioniq Hybrid and All Electric version - Electric version is hugely overpriced and both versions are bit plasticky. Kia Niro - OK car, but not overly impressed by the looks, or the DCT gearbox. We already have a new Prius, but my wife finds it sits too low to the ground, and although it's a great car to drive, and fantastically well equipped, I'm not a big fan of the design. Still, I've been offered virtually what we paid for it as a p/ex against a CHR Dynamic.

#6 ·
hellric said:
Alexr said:
Just out of interest - before you decided on your new C-HR what alternaticves did you consider? As a long-term Prius driver I was comparing it with the latest Prius and also a Mercedes GLA.
Alex
That's funny, my main car is a GLA, if you want I'll compare both later when I get our C-HR.

Before considering the C-HR, we looked at Mazda CX3, Honda HR-V, Kia Niro.
Hi that's interesting. I never thought of buying both!!
The main reason I rejected the GLA is that I could not get one. The spec I wanted needed a factory order and I was told that could not happen because a new spec coming out in Jan (which they could not specify, price or discount) so I gave up. Would be interesting to hear your comparison.
Alex

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.