Toyota C-HR Forum banner

collision warning not working, or maybe i'm doing something wrong?

10K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  MerlyWerly 
#1 ·
Do I need to turn something on (in the car settings collision warning is on).
tried it with a friend while he was going slower than me and i just raced almost into his bumper, no warning, no braking assist, nothing, it's like my ch-r wants me to crash :)

#3 ·
It don,t need the parking sensors.

The pre-collision system uses a radar sensor and camera sensor
to detect vehicles and pedestrians* in front of your vehicle.

And you are shure that the system is swich on
Page 278
Changing settings of the pre-collision system

#9 ·
If the system is turned on, and you set it to most sensitive (medium works best for me) and you are pressing the accelerator or no pedal it should give you a brake warning. However it does it when you are too close (for your normal feeling).
It is also not intended to completely prevent an accident, but to minimize the impact. Untill a certain speed it will prevent a collision.

If you want to see it at work, look at the end of the NCAP crashtest video.

#12 ·
I raised a similar question a while ago and did something similar when my friend was in front, again nothing happened part from me hitting the brakes hard at last minute.
Then another time driving along and my side of road approaching a narrow single lane there was a bollard my side, I knew I was ok to carry on and drive around it but car alerted me of collision. Bit hit and miss. Just hope it will do its job if it ever needs to.

#13 ·
Had no issues with mine touch wood. In fact it has stopped three accidents so far and I am super happy with it.

One other thing. Make sure your sensors are clean. The one and only time mine has "miss" alerted was the radar was wet and dirty on the front.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.