Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CHR Orange two years old and only 2500 miles and I noticed the front alloys are corroding already :(

Went in for a service last week and they've put in a warrant claim and it's been approved for two new wheels :)

Noticed on checks they do that the tyres are all down to 6mm in 2500 miles, surely that's not right >

·
Registered
362 Posts
Can you please take a picture?
I haven't noticed any bad signs on my wheel rims, but i would like to see what happens to you.
That's also a lot of wear on your tires!
And can't but wonder why you spend so much money for 2500m? In the past 2 years I've done more km on my bike, and I'm only riding for pleasure!

·
Registered
305 Posts
CHR Orange two years old and only 2500 miles and I noticed the front alloys are corroding already :(

Went in for a service last week and they've put in a warrant claim and it's been approved for two new wheels :)

Noticed on checks they do that the tyres are all down to 6mm in 2500 miles, surely that's not right >
Tyre wear can be affected by the speeds you drive/steer at. If lots of slow speed / stationary turning tyres can wear out in a few thousand miles. Seem this vehicles used on client sites with 10mph limits and lots of tight turns at slow speed

If tyre pressures wrong can also have a massive wear hit

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I've took some pics this morning before it went in for new alloys. Apparently water getting in under the paint at the back. Hope you can see the corrosion at the back edge of where you wash / polish

Hood Automotive tire Grille Automotive design Grey

Wheel Grille Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Car Grille Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Car Grille Automotive tire

·
Registered
362 Posts
Yeah, that's so ugly!
I'm cleaning mine once a month and I didn't see anything even remotely close to what you got.
It's good they changed it for free, that looks like a manufacturer defect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts