Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
New here although I have been reading and checking the forum daily admiring the member's cars.
I have been driving a Honda Civic for the past 13 years and ordered my CHR at the end of Jan.
At the moment my car is sat in port Vigo so not long now, cant wait
:D

Registered
Hello,
New here although I have been reading and checking the forum daily admiring the member's cars.
I have been driving a Honda Civic for the past 13 years and ordered my CHR at the end of Jan.
At the moment my car is sat in port Vigo so not long now, cant wait
:D
Gooding mate you won't regret the change I can assure you. Main question to ask is it a 1.8 or the 2.0. Mine is an Excel spec 2.0. and where we are in the Land of the Prince Bishops lots of hills etc, it's still very economical but the ride is as smooth as silk. There folks who have recently picked up there's, also G R trim Huey etc so they will be more able to answer you queries.They are good cars 馃憤

Registered
2022 C-HR GR Sport
I'm really enjoying my GR Sport - much more comfortable then you would expect.

Also driven an Excel, the difference between the normal C-HR ride & the GR Sport versions is hardly noticeable.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, I went for the 1.8 in the end, hope that wasn't a mistake.. :(. I'm sure even the 1.8 model is going to be so much different from my current 2007 Honda Civic. Interesting to see that the excel and GR sport aren't that different. I had a test drive in the Excel and thought it was a nice drive..

Registered
2022 C-HR GR Sport
The GR Sport is slightly firmer but hardly noticeable over the other C-HR models.

I liked the Excel I test drove but the GR Sport felt a better option for me.

Reactions: Huey

Registered
I find the GR Sport is really comfortable, the suspension is a tad stiffer than other models (which is good) and the 19鈥 wheels really ride well.

Not driven it enthusiastically yet as not at 1k miles but give it a week or so and I鈥檒l see (got the 2 litre) however kept up with most stuff on the M25 / M11 last week, and still got 50 mpg sitting on the limit on cruise.
Really liked the centre lane assist and auto cruise control, made it a very relaxing drive.

The unrated MMI is very good, live over the air traffic and sat nav via the integrated sim, and sends dat to your phone too. Well impressed

Registered
2022 C-HR GR Sport
I've got just over 400 miles on mine now & have started to use a bit more of the available power in short bursts ( once the temp gauge shows its warmed up - which is quick )

Certainly surprises people that a Toyota hybrid can shift when it needs to.

C-HR certainly feels planted to the road due to its weight which also helps with the ride.

Reactions: Huey

Registered
I've got just over 400 miles on mine now & have started to use a bit more of the available power in short bursts ( once the temp gauge shows its warmed up - which is quick )

C-HR certainly feels planted to the road due to its weight which also helps with the ride.
Agree, seems pretty planted but still has a comfortable ride.

Even on 19s is better than my Golf on 18s

Seats are supportive too and love the rake adjustment on the electric drivers seat

Saw the puddle lights this week, first time in the dark.

Registered

Sorry just to jump in on the thread, but the two GR boys Huey and Forkingabout have either of you used the Sport mode on the gear lever yet. I haven't yet but getting tempted,slow Bank Holiday traffic drifting around the roads up here.just a thought.

Registered
2022 C-HR GR Sport
Sorry just to jump in on the thread, but the two GR boys Huey and Forkingabout have either of you used the Sport mode on the gear lever yet. I haven't yet but getting tempted,slow Bank Holiday traffic drifting around the roads up here.just a thought.
I was told it's not really a sport mode - more a way of fake gear shifts / regen braking effort.
I might have a read of the owners manual & see what it says.

It's not something I'm planning on using, D is perfectly fine for forward momentum.

Only the 2 litre hybrid has it fitted - the 1.8 has the B mode instead.

Registered
Finger crossed my car is nearly in the UK.. Last stop Portbury, well then Derby... View attachment 3763
I've gone for the same colour, 2.0 with JBL/Alcantara. So i'd like to see some pics of yours when you get it. Mine is still sat in Turkey at the moment. From status diving I believe that it will be on the vehicle carrier on the 10th, and hopefully be in the UK on the 25th.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've gone for the same colour, 2.0 with JBL/Alcantara. So i'd like to see some pics of yours when you get it. Mine is still sat in Turkey at the moment. From status diving I believe that it will be on the vehicle carrier on the 10th, and hopefully be in the UK on the 25th.
Yeah sure I will post some here. I haven't seen one in the flesh yet so it's going to be a big surprise. I have also just ordered painted side sills and bonnet guard(still not sure about the look of the bonnet guard so might remove it)
Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Car

Registered
Does it need the painted side sill ?? As it has piano black inserts already in the big plastic trim parts. I've only seen the colour on a Corrola. It looks very much like white, until it's parked next to a white car.

Registered
Has anybody got an unlocked copy of any of the marine traffic apps/ websites ?? And can work out which of the vehicle carriers is due to pick my car up ?? Been led to believe it's Emerald Leader. After status diving it gives a date of 10/5 for pick up and 25/5 for arrival in UK.

TIA...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts