Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our current car insurance is due for renewal at the end of the month Mazda 2.0 Gt sport nav+ 拢216.Our CHR 2.0gr is due for delivery in October,we asked if we were insure today what would be the cost ,came back with 拢364.馃槨
Are there ins companies out there that don鈥檛 penalise hybrids?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
拢364 might seem reasonable to some,but it鈥檚 a big hike from what we are paying now.We have full no claims,no points ,over 65 and live in the North Wales countryside.I have a z4 which is 拢160 to insure fully comp.

Registered
A lot of people forget that their old car is worth (say) 拢15-20k, and the new one is insured for 拢33k or whatever...so double the potential pay-out for insurers

My premium for the CHR rose by about 15% over my last car (Golf R) and is just over 拢300.
Clean license, 10+ ncb (max they will credit),, London/Surrey border, 60 yrs young
i have protected ncb, which seems a massive con as they hike the base rate if you claim anyway

I don鈥檛 feel <拢1 / day is that bad

Registered
4/2-ordered 2.0 GR SPORT with ALCANTARA in DEEP AMETHYST
Dealer told me putting air con on will not affect car performance ie acceleration as it does on pure petrol cars.Is this true?

Registered
2022 C-HR GR Sport
拢527 for me.

Mid 40s male, license 25+ years, protected no claims discount 20+ years, no points, no outstanding claims or convictions, social domestic pleasure + commuting use, less then 8k miles per year & kept overnight in locked garage.

I could get insurance cheaper but it would mean a reduction in cover, higher excess & / or picking a company I've never heard of before.

Registered
拢527 for me.

Mid 40s male, license 25+ years, protected no claims discount 20+ years, no points, no outstanding claims or convictions, social domestic pleasure + commuting use, less then 8k miles per year & kept overnight in locked garage.

I could get insurance cheaper but it would mean a reduction in cover, higher excess & / or picking a company I've never heard of before.
I鈥檓 with Aviva...

A lot depends on where you live I suppose

Registered
I was with More Than when I changed from my GT86 to the C-HR no cost to change cars, but at renewal they they were about 拢100 pound more expensive than the GT86, went on Compare the Market and got it for about 拢250 with Churchill, I am 66 though馃槺

Registered
Our current car insurance is due for renewal at the end of the month Mazda 2.0 Gt sport nav+ 拢216.Our CHR 2.0gr is due for delivery in October,we asked if we were insure today what would be the cost ,came back with 拢364.馃槨
Are there ins companies out there that don鈥檛 penalise hybrids?
I鈥檓 with LV Mine is 拢295. Im retired, drive about 6000 a year have protected nc a small claim 3 years ago (hit a wall my fault) and live in Devon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts