Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There. Has anyone taken their car through a carwash ?

I do wash and clean with a bucket, but sometimes I like to take the car through the Robo carwash at the local service station.

Its a non contact wash - Just high pressure water - degrease/suds/rinse/wax/blow

Reading the manual - yes - turning of the rain sensing wipers is a no brainer

But the talk of sending the door lock sensors into a state of collapse has me a bit worried

Has anyone been through one such as this yet ?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,861 Posts
nope only hand wash here
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
No, also only hand wash here, 30 degrees with "glansprotector" :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
southpatt said:
Andries said:
No, also only hand wash here, 30 degrees with "glansprotector" :cool:
I had to google this - not sure which one you are using :lol:
It's something Dutch. Very good stuff.
https://www.winparts.nl/schoonmaken-beschermen/shampoo-en-foam/c1347/gp-glansprotector-totaal-500-ml/p57272.html

At the top right of the site you can choose your language. :cool:
With this stuff on your car you will not need the windscreen wipers when it's raining and drive above 30 mph. :lol:
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,861 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
We always used a car wash for our Prius. With our new Pearl White C-HR we expect to go more often to keep it nice and white. Handwashing is not a real option for us. Everyone says it's much better to hand-wash, but that's not really possible for us.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lochey said:
We always used a car wash for our Prius. With our new Pearl White C-HR we expect to go more often to keep it nice and white. Handwashing is not a real option for us. Everyone says it's much better to hand-wash, but that's not really possible for us.
So have you been yet Lochey ?

Any chattering of the door locks ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
We have a high pressure kind of wash in a city close to us, in fact its the best I have ever been in and we've used it three times since having the CH-R and no problems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
southpatt said:
Lochey said:
We always used a car wash for our Prius. With our new Pearl White C-HR we expect to go more often to keep it nice and white. Handwashing is not a real option for us. Everyone says it's much better to hand-wash, but that's not really possible for us.
So have you been yet Lochey ?

Any chattering of the door locks ?
Haven't received the car yet. Should arrive in 2 weeks. But you are scaring me with your comment about the chattering of the door locks!? :shock: :? What's that all about...haven't read/heard of this :oops:
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,861 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
There won't be an issue with the locks continually locking and unlocking as you will have the key in the car and it can't lock in the same way keyless entry stops you from locking the keys in the car. The manual mentions the situation when manually washing the car when you are outside it with the key on you in your pocket.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
DuncanM said:
There won't be an issue with the locks continually locking and unlocking as you will have the key in the car and it can't lock in the same way keyless entry stops you from locking the keys in the car. The manual mentions the situation when manually washing the car when you are outside it with the key on you in your pocket.
Turn off the radio signal from the key if you go washing. The sensor outside the door will not respond anymore.

(Push lock (keep pushed) and then push unlock two times. The led flashes four times. Unlock push lock or unlock butten for one time)

Good luck

BTW, This is also a theft prevention when the key is in the house. So they can not extend the signal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
685 Posts
Lochey said:
We always used a car wash for our Prius. With our new Pearl White C-HR we expect to go more often to keep it nice and white. Handwashing is not a real option for us. Everyone says it's much better to hand-wash, but that's not really possible for us.
There are several carwashes in The Hague where you can easily wash your car by hand.. Some are even 24/7 open.
Also there are hand-car-washes where people wash your car by hand. Unfortunately its no babe-wash like in USA. :p

I cant wash my car at home so i always take a filled 18L bucket with lid with me and drive to a washplace.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Has any one been through an automatic car wash with brushes ? The ones that rotate over the top and sides.

I know it's preferable to hand wash by yourself but in my 2014 white Fiesta I either went through that or took it to the local eastern European had wash where 5 guys swarm all over and in it for 15 minutes. Either can scratch the paintwork however my main concern now is if I go in a modern Sainsburys car wash will it get caught under and rip the spoiler off the back at the top of the window ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
DuncanM said:
Has any one been through an automatic car wash with brushes ? The ones that rotate over the top and sides.
You should not even consider washing the CH-R in one of those car washes. Never!
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top