Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After brake hold is activated and the hold light appears in the display, is it normal that the car might still roll forward without pressing the brake pedal (like brake hold is not activated at all) ? Doesn't sound normal to me.
It happened to my wife a few times, the C-HR is still brand new so i want to ask if this has happened to anyone else.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Then you have to go back to the dealer if you are shure that it is used properly. That is the reason that I mentioned this topic.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The brake hold disengages as soon as the accelerator is depressed, if you are not use to this it can catch you out, on my previous car it was deactivated on clutch engagement allowing you to prepare your rev level before pulling away, with the CHR you get only 2 seconds to adjust your revs before engaging the clutch then it will roll. I have now got used to it but it did take some time.

·
Registered
130 Posts
If you press the bh button it will not stop immediately. You have to depress the brakes and car fully stopped for 2 seconds, then orange word HOLD appears on the info display and it's safe to release the brake pedal. Rear stop lights are on. If car stays 2 minutes in this state, it will buzz a sound and warning message to continue holding depress brake pedal again. No idea what happens if do not press the pedal after this warning.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
miro said:
If you press the bh button it will not stop immediately. You have to depress the brakes and car fully stopped for 2 seconds, then orange word HOLD appears on the info display and it's safe to release the brake pedal. Rear stop lights are on. If car stays 2 minutes in this state, it will buzz a sound and warning message to continue holding depress brake pedal again. No idea what happens if do not press the pedal after this warning.
Thanks. I will keep an eye on the display for the orange HOLD. The hold sign is only orange right? Maybe we never activated it properly.
The manual says that if you stay in brake hold function for 2 or 3 minutes (can't remember exactly) then the Parking brake is activated so it shouldn't really roll forward after the 2 mins.

·
Registered
130 Posts
When you press brake hold (no matter car moving or stopped) it will lit green icon with same image as on the button. Then depress brake for 2 sec and it will lit orange HOLD next to the icon. It is on bottom row where EV, eco mode and cruise control appear. Pushing hard accelerator in BH mode feels strange.

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
miro said:
answer to the last part is the handbrake comes on

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
miro said:
When you press brake hold (no matter car moving or stopped) it will lit green icon with same image as on the button. Then depress brake for 2 sec and it will lit orange HOLD next to the icon. It is on bottom row where EV, eco mode and cruise control appear. Pushing hard accelerator in BH mode feels strange.
Thanks i will keep an eye on the colour of the icon

·
Registered
681 Posts
Glad that it is solved and was related to the Topic mentioned in post 2 :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts