Toyota C-HR Forum banner

Can you update the map db version?

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Alan432 
#1 ·
Had my chr for 2 years now, the region version always gets a yearly update, I've just went from 2020 to 2021 v2 region GB,IE, but the map db version still shows 2019 v2. I keep doing check map update but says im up to date, I've been on the estore and have the 3 years free maps which says 2022 v1 map update, free via map care, but says i have already purchased that product, so assumed it was just those region maps. The sat nav is registered and sends the region maps, so is there anything else I can do, or is that db version up to date?

#2 ·
I updated ours but it’s a pain. I downloaded the purchased update, unzipped it to a usb dongle, plugged it into the car and let it update for about an hour IIRC. There was a bit of a faff registering the device id and the request code but our car wasn’t registered to My T at the time. It seems in theory I could update OTA (over the air) but I had problems connecting to my wifi or phone personal hotspot so went down the usb dongle route.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.