USB memory that can be used for MP3 and WMA playback
●Compatible device formats
The following device formats can be used:
• USB communication formats: USB2.0 FS (12mbps)
• File formats: FAT12/16/32 (Windows)
• Correspondence class: Mass storage class
MP3 and WMA files written in any format other than those listed above may
not play correctly, and their file names and folder names may not be displayed
Items related to standards and limitations are as follows:
• Maximum directory hierarchy: 8 levels
• Maximum number of folders in a device: 999 (including the root)
• Maximum number of files in a device: 9999
• Maximum number of files per folder: 255
●MP3 and WMA files
MP3 (MPEG Audio LAYER3) is a standard audio compression format.
Files can be compressed to approximately 1/10 of their original size by
using MP3 compression.
WMA (Windows Media Audio) is a Microsoft audio compression format.
This format compresses audio data to a size smaller than that of the MP3
There is a limit to the MP3 and WMA file standards and to the media/formats
recorded by them that can be used.
●MP3 file compatibility
• Compatible standards
MP3 (MPEG1 LAYER3, MPEG2 LSF LAYER3)
• Compatible sampling frequencies
MPEG1 LAYER3: 32, 44.1, 48 (kHz)
MPEG2 LSF LAYER3: 16, 22.05, 24 (kHz)
• Compatible bit rates (compatible with VBR)
MPEG1 LAYER3: 32-320 (kbps)
MPEG2 LSF LAYER3: 8-160 (kbps)
• Compatible channel modes: stereo, joint stereo, dual channel and monaural
take from C-HR_HV_OM_Europe_OM10538E