Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Been hovering over the idea of buying a 2020 facelift C-HR with a 2.0 engine and I was wondering if anyone has any experience or heads-up to share related to the reliability and performance of it.

Apologies if the question is rather generic, just wanted to get some opinions on the car itself.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2022 C-HR GR Sport
193 Posts
If your thinking 2020 C-HR with 2 litre hybrid power then see if you can find an Orange edition as these where a fully loaded / top of the range special edition model - review attached.

Toyota C-HR review | facelift 2021 model! - YouTube

As for reliability, its a Toyota & a 2020 should still be under manufacturers warranty.

The combined performance & economy are decent enough for pretty effortless everyday driving but you will have to drive a 2 litre hybrid yourself to decide if it suits you.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Very happy with my new 2.0 GR Sport

Even at Motorway speeds it’s getting 50 mpg, and keeps up with traffic no problem.

Engine is quiet and as first hybrid I’ve had it’s strange on start up as no noise, stays in EV backing off the drive and hard to tell when engine cuts in at town speeds, apart from the EV light. Averaging 65% in EV when doing local trips

As above it’s a Toyota and under warranty for up to 10 years if you get it serviced at Toyota, so what’s to worry about

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hello everyone,

Been hovering over the idea of buying a 2020 facelift C-HR with a 2.0 engine and I was wondering if anyone has any experience or heads-up to share related to the reliability and performance of it.

Apologies if the question is rather generic, just wanted to get some opinions on the car itself.

Thanks!
I totally agree with the other posts, I've a 2.0 ltr and it's enough under the bonnet if you need it. If your a motorway mainly driver it's a must, it's smooth and with gadgets inside the car it's pleasure not a chore. But I had a test drive of a 1.8 and it didn't do it for me went back later took 2.0 out that was it. I'm currently averaged last fill up 57.4 mpg mainly town driving.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I used to own a 2018 1.8 and I own a 2020 2.0. it's an orange edition so I'm not going to talk about specs.
Only about engine.
On short trips, like school runs, 1.8 is better on fuel consumption! It's a lot of difference for 6-10km trips.
2.0 is not that good for school runs!
But!
It quiet! Better insulation and way less "crying" noise when accelerating on a highway ramp.
Engine power is much much better! Sport mode is mostly useless on a 2l engine. While you need it for taking over on B roads on a 1.8.
Android Auto and/or Apple Car are available on both engines on a 2020 car. But whatever you choose, better have it than not!

My 2c: it you're doing lots of short trips, less than 10km, get a 1.8.
But if you have to drive more than 10km per trip, get a 2.0! You'll get much more power, much quiet ride with very little sacrifice on fuel.

·
Registered
2022 C-HR GR Sport
193 Posts
I'm more then happy with this average mpg for short journeys.
Yes the 1.8 will beat it, but the 2 litre is so much nicer plus relaxing to drive everyday & it really suits the C-HR.

Vehicle Speedometer Car Tachometer Odometer

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm more then happy with this average mpg for short journeys.
Yes the 1.8 will beat it, but the 2 litre is so much nicer plus relaxing to drive everyday & it really suits the C-HR.

View attachment 3758
I got 64mpg yesterday on a shortish trip. I think the 2.0 really suits this car. I drives really well and am so pleased I took the plunge to get one.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I got 70.6mpg on my 20mile commute on my empty A-roads in the middle of the night this morning in my 2021 2.0 Orange Edition. Granted I was driving really nicely but I wasn't expecting that to be possible.
That's pretty amazing. I'm out very late tonight but doubt I will achieve that due to a rather large hill to climb on the A38, but I will see what I manage.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts