Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I thought I should check my tyre pressures, the manual / Car label says 33 PSI, just checked the pressures all say 38 PSI, I cannot find anywhere that lists this model (also has 225/45/19 tyres.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2022 C-HR GR Sport
287 Posts
When new vehicles are in storage / being transported from the factory they increase the tyre pressures so the tyres don't go flat / suffer while the vehicle is standing / being moved about - the person at the dealership that does the final PDI is meant to adjust the tyre pressures to the correct pressure - this step normally get forgotten.

If you click on account settings there is a section called account details & there is a section for your vehicle details which will appear under your user name etc.

You can also click on signature which is the bit of text that will appear under your posts.

·
Registered
362 Posts
You also have to account for temperature. If it's hot outside, 30+C and you just drove the car and streets are very hot, pressure may be higher because wheels are very hot.
During the summer, you should park the car on shadow, let it cool down and only then check the pressure. 33-34psi is where you should be. Toyota published few years ago a guide: Toyota tyre pressure and size guide - Toyota UK Magazine
It doesn't contain C-HR with 19", but as you can see, all normal cars are at around 33PSI.
During the cold winter, you should not trust the pressure after the car was parked for long. Drive a bit, 10-15 minutes, not on highway, and then check the pressure.

38PSI is too much and you most likely enjoyed a bumpy ride since you bought the car.

·
Registered
2022 C-HR GR Sport
287 Posts
I've just been out & checked mine, its sat in a locked garage since 9pm last night so the tyres where cold.

All 4 of mine where showing 32.5 psi so only a quick adjustment required, then reset the TPMS.

·
Super Moderator
1,904 Posts
Could just check the label inside the drivers door if it’s still the same as other models

1 - 10 of 10 Posts