Toyota C-HR Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Ash Grey 2.0ltr GR Sport
26 Posts
I have to negotiate seven speed humps close to home. I thought how well the GR copes with them. What speed are you guys hitting them. I do between 15 and 20 mph. Maybe I should ignore them;)

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have to negotiate seven speed humps close to home. I thought how well the GR copes with them. What speed are you guys hitting them. I do between 15 and 20 mph. Maybe I should ignore them;)
Same here, my GR Sport is way better than my previous Golf, and I live in speed bump central - 5 alone in my road, but I do negotiate them carefully as too many have dodgy edges or pot holes next to them

·
Registered
2022 C-HR GR Sport
329 Posts
I go over 4 oblong speed cushions & 2 speed bumps on the journey to / from work, my C-HR GR Sport is much more comfortable over the speed bumps then my previous 308 T9 hatch with its standard suspension.

I travel over these speed bumps around 20 mph

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Sideways motion on speed bumps? I've got that as well, any lumps and potholes have the back end kicking sideways. The Dealer let me know that 'they all do that sir'. Doesn't feel right to me and at some point I might get a proper wheel alignment done.
Oh, so it isn't just me. I'll give the dealer a call and see what they say - if I get anything useful from them, I'll let you know.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The pyramid speed bumps actually do considerable damage to the inside of the tires . About 10mph is safe. They damage the cords in the tires. When the tire is about half worn you will see the indentations all round the inside edge of the tire.

·
Registered
333 Posts
The pyramid speed bumps actually do considerable damage to the inside of the tires . About 10mph is safe. They damage the cords in the tires. When the tire is about half worn you will see the indentations all round the inside edge of the tire.
A lot of the ones near me are so badly maintained they will rip the inside edge of the tyre to bits, so easier to slow down and drive right up and over two rather than straddle one

That also avoids the pothole next to the speed bump, so double whammy

·
Registered
165 Posts
A lot of the ones near me are so badly maintained they will rip the inside edge of the tyre to bits, so easier to slow down and drive right up and over two rather than straddle one

That also avoids the pothole next to the speed bump, so double whammy
Huey where we live, there's a place where we had half a speed hump A snow plough gouged it clean in two, took 20months to repair. Pot holes, I worked in the building industry 45yrs,they mark a pothole come with a wagon containing the black stuff block off the road do the job but this is it there's another hole 10-20ft away not marked and they leave it why not do it🤬 year later omg they're closing road to fix that pothole Beats me.sorry for a rant folk's

·
Registered
333 Posts
Huey where we live, there's a place where we had half a speed hump A snow plough gouged it clean in two, took 20months to repair. Pot holes, I worked in the building industry 45yrs,they mark a pothole come with a wagon containing the black stuff block off the road do the job but this is it there's another hole 10-20ft away not marked and they leave it why not do it🤬 year later omg they're closing road to fix that pothole Beats me.sorry for a rant folk's
You’re lucky, near me they mark the hole with orange paint, then 6 weeks or so later it fades away. A few weeks later, after more complaints they mark the hole with orange paint and eventually come and chuck some black stuff in it, but so badly done it cracks again in a few weeks and self destructs

and we’re one of the highest council tax areas in Greater London ☹

21 - 29 of 29 Posts