Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed how faded the bumper and side trims look after a few months? Despite using the stuff that came in the cleaning pack, the trims look streaky and greying. I clean the car every week and feel I need to do the trim with the spray every two weeks. Surely that's not right. It spoils the look of the car 馃槩馃槩馃槩. I bought some Simonize stuff today so hopefully that'll last longer.

Super Moderator
nope 7 months in and my trim still looks good

Premium Member
Papigo said:
Has anyone else noticed how faded the bumper and side trims look after a few months? Despite using the stuff that came in the cleaning pack, the trims look streaky and greying. I clean the car every week and feel I need to do the trim with the spray every two weeks. Surely that's not right. It spoils the look of the car 馃槩馃槩馃槩. I bought some Simonize stuff today so hopefully that'll last longer.
Maybe you're using some cheap stuff to clean

Registered

Registered
I noticed it too after a week. I degreased all trim first and then used Solution Finish. Makes big difference! :cool:

According to the info i found on the web it is a dressing that penetrate into the plastic (so its no coating that makes layer) and till now it is still dark grey and dried water don麓t leave any marks on it.
Its not the cheapest product there is but much better as other make-my-trim-black products.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Karmalakas said:
Papigo said:
Maybe you're using some cheap stuff to clean
I'm using the stuff in the valet pack that came with the car. I bought better stuff today, I hope 馃槉

Registered
A good detailing product for trims will get you where you want it. ;)

Registered
I had the same problem on my chr dynamic. I had tried all "halfords" bumper trim cleaners all to no avail. White streaks on rear trim under boot. I purchased from "polished bliss" in scotland 100ml of NANOLEX TRIM REJUVENATOR. iT IS ONLY A SMALL BOTTLE BUT IT WORKS BRILLIANTLY. The water just beads off and its been on 2 weeks now and as good as when put on. It costs 拢13.50 and free postage but you use it very sparingly. Can`t praise it enough and boys from polished bliss done me proud on delivery 2 days . Bumpers look better than when I left showroom . mned

1 - 11 of 11 Posts