Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,904 Posts
could put a heat gun on that and it would pull straight out , but it would always have a rash on it

·
Registered
2022 C-HR GR Sport
287 Posts
A Lime edition has blind spot monitoring & rear cross traffic alert fitted, it really needs an approved body shop repair.

Any damage to the radar sensor brackets from the impact can throw the safety system calibrations out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Same thing happened to me a few years back in my Astra. Insurance company classed it as no fault (on my part) so was very straight forward to sort out. Worst thing was the next 6 months getting hounded by personal injury phone calls - literally dozens a day sometimes.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Car went into body shop today for estimating. Clips on main bumper assembly have broken which necessitates a new bumper and paint job, plus a replacement black bumper insert, plus the labour, plus a courtesy car. Must be getting close to a couple of grand. Hopefully the other driver has not retracted his liability.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still ongoing. The body shop has booked me in for 1st August. They reckon it will take them 17 days to replace and respray a bumper. That's 17 days someone's paying top rates for a courtesy car. At this point that's still my insurer who will aim to reclaim the whole cost from the other guy's insurer. No wonder insurance is so expensive. I bet Enterprise will be charging at least £150 a day for a CHR comparable car or am I being too cynical and the Insurance company have negotiated best possible price?
As the claim is still ongoing and my insurance renewal is due, the figures are depressing. The new figure is £476 as this claim is counted as me being blameworthy until and if the other insurer coughs up. I asked what the figure would be if the claim was no-fault, £234.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Still ongoing. The body shop has booked me in for 1st August. They reckon it will take them 17 days to replace and respray a bumper. That's 17 days someone's paying top rates for a courtesy car. At this point that's still my insurer who will aim to reclaim the whole cost from the other guy's insurer. No wonder insurance is so expensive. I bet Enterprise will be charging at least £150 a day for a CHR comparable car or am I being too cynical and the Insurance company have negotiated best possible price?
As the claim is still ongoing and my insurance renewal is due, the figures are depressing. The new figure is £476 as this claim is counted as me being blameworthy until and if the other insurer coughs up. I asked what the figure would be if the claim was no-fault, £234.
17 days to replace a bumper....

They're seriously extracting the urine

·
Registered
28 Posts
Could they just order the parts ,spray bumper give you a call all done in one day! Recently just had the black insert ,fog light and rear cross member replaced took 2 days as didn't know that cross member wanted replacing when someone reversed into the back of it! Now waiting for the font to be done as someone reversed into the front luckily dash cam picked it up.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's the black insert that is dented on mine but there are a couple of clips on the back of the bumper that have snapped. Therefore a new bumper and respray. So with the cost of the hire car this tiny bump is going to cost thousands.
Someone reversed into my Mercedes SLK rear wing a few years ago and drove off. That was £6000.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Still dragging on. Original bump mid May. Due to drop car off today but got call parts are on back order. Rebooked for mid October.
Oh wow. That's not great. Sorry to hear. You think you've done the right thing and it's not even your fault, and you'd hope this would be fixed promptly but circumstances outside your control are dragging this on. I wonder if this is all spare parts then?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts