Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Great to meet you!

I've been looking to join the C-HR gang and have been looking for a deal over the last week or so. I'm hoping some one here may be able to give me some advice before I do anything silly!

So it's very obvious that there is absolutely zero chance of a dealer giving any discount on a new C-HR. I spent last Saturday and Sunday at two dealers trying to twist their arms but nope, having none of it! :oops:

So I took a look around on the net and come across a couple of brokers that are offering ~9% savings. I've done my homework on one that has a very good history of reviews especially on trustpilot. I spoke to them and it appears that they are pre-reg so I would become the 2nd owner, which, as I'm planning on keeping the car for a while, isn't an issue for me. However they do say it takes about 3 months to get the V5. (Guessing its the fleet buy loophole)

Before you shoot me, I've done a bit of research about V5 retentions etc and it's making me begin to think that maybe I should forget it and move on.

Before I do though I just wanted to see if anyone here has purchased a C-HR or any Toyota through a broker where they have held the V5 back for a short amount of time. There's lots of people that have done it and have been very happy with the whole process but the main question I have is specifically regarding insurance as most insurers insist that the car is both owned and registered to the insurer.

Basically, I'm looking for advice from anyone that has gone through the process successfully, and even better, someone that has purchased a toyota this way.

Cheers,
Adam

·
Registered
685 Posts
9% sounds interesting but its a bit weird construction to get a discount and finally a 2nd owned car.
On such a price i would not take any risk and pay a bit more to get a new one from Toyota dealer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Super Moderator
1,861 Posts
good luck dealers just wont budge, jump in grab a new one, or there are some ex demonstrators starting to appear at main dealers

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Managed to get a great deal in the end! So glad I didn't take the risk!

A friend mentioned Autoebid, I gave it a go and got a better deal than the broker was offering me without any of the V5/pre-reg funny business.
Just waiting for the supplier to confirm the order now.

The spec I've gone for is the Excel, Decuma Grey, Black Leather, Sports Pack and Lime Accent Pack. Standard price inc options was £29,375, but Autoebid have sorted it for £26,075.83! A very decent saving and all their fees are included.

Here's the link if anyone else is looking to buy - https://www.autoebid.com/new-cars/Toyota/C-HR/all-uk-deals

Just got to wait till late November now! :D Winning!

I look forward to being on here a bit more

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.