Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Older, 1st-gen (Class of 2000) 35 yr Millenial in East Orlando.

Just got it a month ago primarily to rid myself of a P.O.S. Chevy Spark. Transmission jerking issues & won't always drop back to lowest gear, tons of interior noise from loose parts, etc since 3 weeks after I got it & it'd been about 4 years with the dealer & Chevy themselves refusing to acknowledge & basically trying to ride out my warranty.

My first Toyota btw.

Saw a C-HR for the first time while working my route & fell in love. My payments are quite high, but all things considered it's worth it imo. Never have I customized a car in my 17-18 years of driving, but just had to this time.

My Complaints:
  • US does not get a solid cargo cover. The soft one is a P.O.S. & I can't separate my more fragile groceries anymore. :x
  • No Android Auto & the infotainment unit doesn't want to connect with my phone for calls most of the time & I have to select my phone via the infotainment unit to make the Bluetooth connection. :x
  • No sporty, Black roof option here. :(
  • Can't seem to find a way to lift the rear seat bottom, to run the hooks for the seat cover. :?:
  • Front door cup holders are very small & limited. A standard 8 oz bottle of water is about the most I can seem to fit. :(
  • Still no rapid/fast charging built into USB ports, but then most cars don't have it anyway. Just something small I'd expect to see from auto makers by now. :geek:
  • The shift knob is small & ugly. Still looking for a good replacement. Either two-tone leather, or blue LED. :(
  • Unlocking the doors & auto-folding out the side mirrors via the driver door handle doesn't unlock all doors & there doesn't seem to be an option to change it. I'm always putting something behind me that I take to work each day & have to keep reaching for the unlock button on the inside of my door. First world problem I know... :geek:
  • Repeatedly switching between Sport & Normal modes & back to the digital speedometer, when dealing with heavy traffic, isn't a smooth experience. Sport for those moments when you need to jump at an opening, then back to Normal to keep the acceleration down a bit to avoid rear-ending someone. Gotta keep those cheaters from using the turn lane to get ahead & then cut infront too. First world problem again. :geek:

My Praises:
  • Dat color blue. :mrgreen:
  • The body styling.
  • The folding side mirrors.
  • Puddle Lamps (hoping the projected image becomes customizable).
  • The heated seats have already come in handy several times this winter here in FLORIDA! LOL. :lol:
  • All the safety tech & display between the gauges.
  • Back-up camera display being built inside the rear-view mirror.
  • The Rims.
  • The diamond motif present in the interior.
  • Having the manual shift option on my automatic.
  • Dual-climate controls. The wife is from the Philippines & I'm originally from NY. I love it cold. Her... not so much...
  • Sliding vanity mirrors w/lights. The wife broke the hinge-style cover one in my old car from overuse.
  • Rear passenger USB charging ports. I'm actually utilizing one though for my LED foot-well lighting throughout the car with a 12v to USB adapter. Got a Naztech 12v rapid charger that comes with a attached hub for the rear passengers with an additional fast charge port, but I routed the hub back up front for my wife, since it's not often that we have rear passengers. It's flexible though, so I can always just hand it back to the rear if needed, but otherwise they still have one standard USB back there.
  • The cute shark-fin antenna. Love that it's sharkfin. Love that it's positioned at the rear of the roof.
  • Pre-tinted windows.
  • The CVT actually has enough "oomph" to satisfy me, completing the form & function balance & making it a great purchase.
  • The tail lights. I dunno what to call it... 3D? Bold? They just look awesome.
  • Not too many of them on the road yet in my area, so it definitely stands out, aside from the exterior customizations I've added.

If anyone was wondering, I got the decals from FunMonoDesigns / FunMono on Etsy.com. He color matched them all for me at request & the banner was a 3-piece custom job.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
fred91682 said:
[*]Unlocking the doors & auto-folding out the side mirrors via the driver door handle doesn't unlock all doors & there doesn't seem to be an option to change it. I'm always putting something behind me that I take to work each day & have to keep reaching for the unlock button on the inside of my door. First world problem I know... :geek:
Suppose the same for US version

fred91682 said:
[*]Rear passenger USB charging ports.
I don't think EU version has it :/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts