Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya.

Every once in a while when braking, I feel the brake pedal going pretty stiff. The car still brakes but the pedal movement distance is much less and it takes more effort to come to a complete stop. Needless to say, it's not nice nor safe when the brake pedal can behave differently every time you press it. I've tried pinning it down and see if happens under specific circumstances but it seems to be completely random.

Going to have it looked at at the dealer as well but just wondering if anyone's had a similar experience? I'm not a car guy but a few quick searches show it could be something with the vacuum pump?

Cheers.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Mine did it when new. Mainly at high speeds. Like the brakes didnt activate and i was rolling on regen drag only. It has either improved as they bedded in or ive had to calm down the speeds or a bit of both. I was once stood on the brakes up to a junction and the force wasnt increasing. The abs didnt cut in so i knew it wasnt braking as hard as normal because the abs usually cuts in often, even at low speed stops. The pedal was like wood?

If your battery is almost full it will also disengage regen and feel like you came off the brakes when you didnt. Theres a roundabout at the bottom of my hill so im ready for it every time now lol.

As a side note an unexplained amout of oil was flinging off my alloys when new blamed on possible tire mounting fluid or tyre shine id told them not to use (so they soaked it). Could be related and worth checking for leaks. Seems to stop now but it never feels consistent. So check for oil and check for tire shine. Its a lubricant/silicone so will ruin your brakes. Why they use it on new tires i dont know

1 - 2 of 2 Posts