Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

So had my car for about 4 hours and hit a little issue.
I can not for the life of me get any sound to play through the stereo from my phone.
It says its paired for Music and Phone functions all my phone book transferred and I can make and receive calls all fine.

I open spotify on my phone and goto Bluetooth on the Audio section and it just searches forever and eventually says no connection found.
My phone however has detected the car connection and automatically started playing music thinking its connected.

Could anyone else share their experience with using Bluetooth audio and if I am missing something obvious?

Cheers in advance.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
david63 said:
I found Bluetooth to not be very "solid" when played through the media system on the car - it was far better using a usb cable
I have tried using a USB cable also but this doesn't work either.

It literally finds nothing to play using either method.

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
i had no problem at all with bluetooth but i know alot depends on your phone

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My phone is listed as compatible on toyota website I'm thinking maybe I need to get the firmware update perhaps?

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
MerlyWerly said:
My phone is listed as compatible on toyota website I'm thinking maybe I need to get the firmware update perhaps?
got to be worth ago

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
Android all the way samsung s7 edge ;)

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh dear is this going to turn into a Mobile war?? Well I have a OnePlus 3 :p

·
Registered
544 Posts
Trying to remember which Android OS the OnePlus3 is on. Been a lot of issues with the Stack in Android N after upgrades with a work-round being resetting all network connections. May be unrelated but symptoms sound right.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Garry said:
Trying to remember which Android OS the OnePlus3 is on. Been a lot of issues with the Stack in Android N after upgrades with a work-round being resetting all network connections. May be unrelated but symptoms sound right.
It uses Bespoke software called oxygen but its still based around Android obviously. I agree that the last update made the Bluetooth odd for some connections. Very very frustrating

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Uti said:
Put the volume max on your phone! I am using Spotify Premium and all is working fine! Phone is with Android 6!
Uti
Lol if it was that simple I'd hang my head in shame unfortunately it isn't 😂

·
Registered
544 Posts
Does Oxygen have the equivalent of reset network settings (basically wipe out all WiFi and Bluetooth settings but leave everything else there.)?

Reading the google developer threads there are a couple of people describing exactly your symptoms who solved it by doing that.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Garry said:
Does Oxygen have the equivalent of reset network settings (basically wipe out all WiFi and Bluetooth settings but leave everything else there.)?

Reading the google developer threads there are a couple of people describing exactly your symptoms who solved it by doing that.
Just done a firmware cache wipe on the phone. Will see if it has made any difference in the morning. If not I will try another phone to see which is the issue :) Cheers

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi make sure you press the Iphone option if using cable not the auxiliary, my spotify works until you get a phone call etc then you have to start all over again, plus turn the sound up and you get sat nav at the same level, bit of a pain, cant get the spotify app on the screen either, any suggestions gang??

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have Premium luckily. Can't live without it haha Anyway I got an old windows phone out the cupboard and that connects and plays music instantly.
So it is 100% the Bluetooth stack on the OnePlus 3. Cheers all for looking. Going to see if there is customer firmware I can flash my phone with. I am just glad that it isn't my car! :)

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dragging up an older thread as I managed to resolve the issue. Just wanted to make it public in case anyone else gets a OnePlus mobile phone.

I resolved the issue by flashing the phone with a OnePlus certified Community Rom. Not the easiest of things till you get your head round it.
If anyone needs any help with this then feel free to contact me.

Once installed the new Bluetooth stack was obviously much better. It connected to the car almost instantly and now my Bluetooth Spotify playlist comes up on screen along with album art. Super happy :)

It was the one thing that was making me sad about my car. HAPPPPPY!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts