Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, has anyone managed to clean / unblock their Blocked washer jet filters.

Mine washer jet filters got blocked earlier this year which meant only a slight spray almost like a spit was coming out of the jets , took the car to the dealership and they fixed it quite quickly. Its happened again. I was wondering if any one has fixed this them selves, as it's a bit out of the way to get to and complete opposite way from my workplace.

Cheers in advance

Luke

·
Super Moderator
1,533 Posts
What washer do you use? Just get it cleaned again and buy normal liquid and not from hose :D

·
Super Moderator
1,857 Posts
washer jet cleaning tool about £2 on ebay or just use a pin

·
Registered
140 Posts
Also, be careful under which tree you park your car,
Some trees release some kind of resin that may cause that and other, like painting and rubber damage

·
Super Moderator
1,857 Posts
from what i can see its still only a hole, but if you take it to the garage and get them to do it and ask them how they clean them.
or compressed air from a can :shock: :D

·
Registered
157 Posts
accupuncture needles work really well (I use em in my 3D printer to unclog a clogged nozzle). They exist in different sizes/thickness

·
Registered
4 Posts
Luke_y2k said:
Hello, has anyone managed to clean / unblock their Blocked washer jet filters.

Mine washer jet filters got blocked earlier this year which meant only a slight spray almost like a spit was coming out of the jets , took the car to the dealership and they fixed it quite quickly. Its happened again. I was wondering if any one has fixed this them selves, as it's a bit out of the way to get to and complete opposite way from my workplace.

Cheers in advance

Luke
Special washer fluid for fan jets required.
I use quantum (VW stuff)

·
Registered
62 Posts
My mum just had Toyota sort out her washer jets as the jet had degraded and would only go up 1/4 of the windscreen.
Apparently, theirs a filter that they took out, washed it under the tap and put it back in.
Now works as it should.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts