Toyota C-HR Forum banner
61 - 63 of 63 Posts

· Registered
2022 C-HR GR Sport
534 Posts
Do you need to connect this to the positive and negative of the battery as when I called the rac he put negative black cable in another connector
The whole metal body of the car is connected to the negative battery terminal.

Normally anywhere that is shiny metal & part of the bodyshell would be suitable.

· Registered
8 Posts
Just a follow-up on my experience from previous posts.

Despite my efforts to keep the battery charged - more frequent trips and occasional charging - the battery continued to let me down. I’d finally had enough on Monday when leaving for an appointment I was met by the all too familiar flickering from the dash and groaning when attempting to start the electronics. Not wishing to be fobbed off again by the dealership, I arranged a replacement battery through the AA for Wednesday.

The AA guy was well acquainted with the issues with these batteries, but tested it nevertheless. Despite a 50 mile round trip the previous day the battery was only 50% charged and his tester suggested an inordinate amount of time to recharge, but still passed the battery! However, he agreed replacement was the best option, so I now have a new battery. It’s obviously too soon to tell if the issue is fixed, but the car seems to initialise in a second compared to a few seconds before, so I am hopeful - fingers crossed.

My old battery was the 345LN1-MF type, 45Ah, the new one is a BOSCH S4002 , 52Ah with a five year warranty.

Happy motoring!

· Registered
2022 C-HR GR Sport
534 Posts
Good choice picking a Bosch automotive battery.

Varta / Bosch ( there automotive batteries are exactly the same ) or a Yuasa would always be my pick for a replacement.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts