Toyota C-HR Forum banner
81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have just bought a C-HR design but now i have to be away for 3 months and i will be storing the car on my front drive. I would be grateful for any advice on storage so that when i come back i wont have a problem with either battery
Cheers

·
Registered
288 Posts
12v battery will not go through 3 months. You should disconnect it. But insurance may complain if the car is not in a secure space with battery disconnected and alarm off. So a garage would be the best place to store it. Breaks will also suffer, disks will rust. Tires will suffer too.
Electric battery will not care.
I would ask Toyota for specific guidance for long term storage. They may have good insight.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the advice but i live in London and a garage would be the price of a small house so its a no go. I do have a frontage to my house where i can store the car and I've been wondering if one of those trickle chargers, the ones supposedly designed to keep your battery topped up are any good. any thoughts?
cheers.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Could you connect it to it charger and get somebody to switch the charger on once a month for a number of hours ? i.e. leave the car locked

·
Registered
76 Posts
I use an Optimate trickle charger for the motorbike which works well as long as you have access to mains power. If not you could use a solar panel to keep it topped up, it shouldn't need much.
Colin

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dear all
thanks for your advice. I will most likely go down the trickle charger route i,ve seen some on amazon that look to fit the bill but will check with Toyota when i pick up the car.

once again thanks

Denp

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
ctek charger

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi i have the orange edition 2.0 184bhp.

I want to add my ctek. A) can I? B) there is a battery in the boot - is that my connection point? Can't find one up front so assuming its the starter battery. thx

·
Registered
218 Posts
Yep, you connect to the battery in the boot. I've got a Ctek with a quick connection lead, so leave that permanently connected and just poking by the boot liner. Then connect it up once a month as I am very low mileage.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts