Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does the auto settings in windshield wipers works?
Today it was a little rainy, a wet drop appeared in the main screen (so i suppose the car "knew" it was raining) but i had to manual start the wipers. I thought, when it was detecting rain they should start automatically.

·
Registered
76 Posts
On the wiper stalk there is a setting for AUTO is it set to that? plus you can change the sensitivity by turning the switch ring, page 256 of the manual has more detail.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes it was set to AUTO. I will check sensitivity settings tomorrow. Here in Greece and specially in Athens we don't get much of rain and I don't think that all those "auto things" are important (yes you know when its raining, you dont need your car to tell you that :) ) but it wouldn't be bad idea to actually work.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Mine worked better after the new windscreen. The screen that cracked has a slight tinted colour and distortions in the glass.

While stationary move your body from left to right incase you see problems in the glass. New screen is much clearer

·
Registered
380 Posts
Kapa Taf said:
a wet drop appeared in the main screen
Do you mean the display between the 2 dails?

Where does it appear? I have never seen it?

Have seen a lot of rain, and the automatic wipers are working fine... But never seen a raindrop icon.

...I'm thinking of what icon it could be... suddenly the low tire pressure icon sprung to my mind:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Went to the dealer and told my problem. After plunging it in, they saw that the function for some reason was disabled. Some clicks in their laptop and after a couple of minutes auto-function is working perfectly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.