Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening C-HRians,

May I ask if the model of my C-HR has a feature of auto start/stop, especially when you are sitting on a traffic light waiting for it to turn green? I was told by a Toyota sales agent when I picked up my car back in October 2017, but so far it never happened. I thought I asked if there are some experts here and explain. Nothing major. Just asking. Thank you.

Regards,

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
1.2 t does have it

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
Is that only if it's an automatic ?? I've got the 1.2 manual and it hasn't got it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ans said:
1.2 t does have it
Hello Ans,

Thank you for the info, Ans. i will give it a go. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ScomadiFP200 said:
Is that only if it's an automatic ?? I've got the 1.2 manual and it hasn't got it.
Oh I see. Mine is a manual 1.2, not automatic. So it's not available in manual then? Thanks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I don't think I have this feature (1.2T Manual). I'll have to check when I next drive the car, but I don't think it exists on this model.

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ans said:
: If equipped ,so could be model dependant, page 374 of the manual , there is a lot of reasons why it may not be working page 376
manual can be found here :https://www.chrforums.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=285
The model of the C-HR I have is not equipped with this technology. I just checked. Also, I don't have that Auto start/stop button available near the gear stick as described on the owner's manual. Would have been nice to try it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I too confirm that my UK Dynamic 1.2T (manual) C-HR does not have this feature. The activation/cancellation button is missing near the parking brake. Not sure why this particular feature would be missing when all petrol drivers worldwide have a need of it both ecologically and economically.

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
does seem strange not to have it on the turbo model,

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BadWhippet said:
I too confirm that my UK Dynamic 1.2T (manual) C-HR does not have this feature. The activation/cancellation button is missing near the parking brake. Not sure why this particular feature would be missing when all petrol drivers worldwide have a need of it both ecologically and economically.
That's seem not quite right, is it? Supposed to have that feature with this little titan.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Had it on my last car, liked the feature until I had to have the battery changed, as the start stop affects the battery quicker.

Not cheap to change a start/stop battery if you're the one paying for it.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Can't understand why anyone would turn off a stop start system assuming it's a decent one. It's been on my last three cars and all have worked flawlessly and with so many benefits. The system in the CHR is particularly good and is almost seamless

·
Registered
681 Posts
asinrute said:
Can't understand why anyone would turn off a stop start system assuming it's a decent one. It's been on my last three cars and all have worked flawlessly and with so many benefits. The system in the CHR is particularly good and is almost seamless
It all depends on the car manufactory. In my to former Volkswagens, the start/stop system worked alright.
On the other hand in my former Fiat 500 the start-stop system works slow and before you know the engine stalled. I don,t understand how we know that the system in the CHR is particularly good the CHR has not really a start/stop system. It's a different kettle of fish.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts