Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been playing with the JBL Speakers and the quality is amazing (especially if you use the JBL Demo), but I'm finding that stream spotify over bluetooth (with Extreme Quality selected) is lacking in the quality department.

Anybody have any ideas on this? My HTC 10 has the AptX bluetooth codec, any way to improve this? Or should I just use an audio cable for maximum quality?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'd assume that it depends on the size of the music file - as I'm sure you already know, there is a limit to how much you can compress a music file without losing quality and, presumably, this will be more obvious on a good quality system such as the JBL.

I'm still a few weeks away from taking delivery of my new CHR (Red Edition), but I have a 80 Gb iPod and intend to try and have every track in Apple's "lossless" format wherever possible. No experience with the AptX codec so can't help you there.

·
Registered
41 Posts
bluetooth connection with high quality audio is incompatible. Not only at toyota, on any device.

Best result - physical connection with wires, you can use the aux in with a jack to jack cable for example, from the headset output of the phone to the aux in.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
leeloo said:
bluetooth connection with high quality audio is incompatible. Not only at toyota, on any device.

Best result - physical connection with wires, you can use the aux in with a jack to jack cable for example, from the headset output of the phone to the aux in.
This would be the best option, but then I can't control the tracks on my steeringwheel...

·
Registered
41 Posts
true. there is no perfect solution.
I have some very expensive headsets,, they have BT support, the quality is much lower on BT, so I use them with the cables all the time.
I tested also to stream music via BT from the phone to a very expensive DENON home HI-Fi setup at a friends house, same result.... better off with wires if you want quality.

In the toyota I have a small dedicated portable player connected to the aux in. For me it works. I payed for it I think around 50 euro, it is good enough.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
leeloo said:
true. there is no perfect solution.
I have some very expensive headsets,, they have BT support, the quality is much lower on BT, so I use them with the cables all the time.
I tested also to stream music via BT from the phone to a very expensive DENON home HI-Fi setup at a friends house, same result.... better off with wires if you want quality.

In the toyota I have a small dedicated portable player connected to the aux in. For me it works. I payed for it I think around 50 euro, it is good enough.
Yeah Im thinking about that as well, but im a spotify premium user and I have all my music there... i just want to be able to use my steering wheel to skip... An mp3 player would have the same issue...

These are all luxury issues, but damn I would love to have my cake and eat it too in this case! :lol:

in a related note, I asked Toyota Netherlands which bluetooth codec the touch 2 go uses. They will get back to me on this!

·
Registered
288 Posts
At least my car doesn't present any aptX (HD audio) capabilities.
And I could tell as well that JBL audio they are marketing fails to deliver any impressive sound whatsoever when streaming over bluetooth.
I'm yet to try it over a USB cable. I would place any high hopes on it, but worth trying.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Can't (yet) vouch for the CHR but I've been using my iPod with Touch 2 Go Plus in my Toyota Auris and you can use the steering wheel controls to skip a track. Slightly counter intuitive, however, in that it is the "up" arrow rather then the expected "right" arrow that you have to use.

Just been given a delivery date of May 10th, so hope to be able to confirm soon.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ginneswatsonkelso said:
Can't (yet) vouch for the CHR but I've been using my iPod with Touch 2 Go Plus in my Toyota Auris and you can use the steering wheel controls to skip a track. Slightly counter intuitive, however, in that it is the "up" arrow rather then the expected "right" arrow that you have to use.

Just been given a delivery date of May 10th, so hope to be able to confirm soon.
This while using the Aux input?

Hmmm, might this be the same trick they use on headphones where you can double tick to skip a track? I thought that only worked on special wires?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts