Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for some kind of lock, the one I wanted doesn't fit the CHR ( Stoplock) so now Im thinking maybe get a disklok one but have read they can mark the steering wheel.

What do you use , if anything?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Deterrent? Our neighbour had both cars taken off their drive in one night. We live in a quiet village and police said the cars had been stolen to order.
I've never paid this much for a car and I don't want it stealing- I had one stolen years ago and it is upsetting and inconvenient

·
Registered
685 Posts
A bearlock is maybe good one to look at. That does not lock the wheel but the transmission.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a steering wheel lock which was bought for me, I'll have to look at the make. I only use it in car parks at night. At home I always turn of the key fob at night (keyless entry) to prevent one of the scanner type thefts. Cheers Mark.

·
Registered
15 Posts
An "Eagle Claw" from 30 years ago when they were made of proper thick metal..... haven't bothered with it for decades having had poxy cars for carrying children and Prius's, collecting a Chr Dynamic on Wednesday though so, even though it is just a Prius wearing a different dress, it's "wow" looks make it more of a desirable car than a "yawn" Prius..

·
Registered
43 Posts
It seems most vehicle theft today is by trying to extend the signal reach between key fob and the car. I saw it demonstrated on a consumer TV programme and was horrified to see (on CCTV footage) just how easily done it is (the thieves just dump a bag with a signal extender in front of your house, open the car, start it up, collect their bag and drive off - in mere seconds). So (as suggested above) I bought signal-blocking wallets for my keys. Even trying to open the door with the keys (in pouch) in my hand, the car simply wouldn't unlock. I realise it's not the only way to deter thieves, but a car that won't open without the alarm being triggered is some peace of mind. It will also mean that, if the thieves aren't looking for a specific motor, they'll likely take someone else's car that DOES open because the key fob was within range of their extender.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts