Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone experienced a cracked windscreen in a UK petrol 1.2 ? or has everyone on the forum got a Hybrid :shock:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can I conclude then that after 57 views at time of this post and no replies, that the cracked windscreen is a Hybrid only problem which could point to the weight of the car being a contributing factor ?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Mine is a hybrid and we have had it two weeks now and so far (touch wood) no crack, the car was delayed by two weeks due to a "quality control" issue according to the dealer, he never elaborated to what it was but hopefully it was to stop these cracks appearing?

·
Registered
681 Posts
DuncanM said:
Can I conclude then that after 57 views at time of this post and no replies, that the cracked windscreen is a Hybrid only problem which could point to the weight of the car being a contributing factor ?
You can alway,s conclude that but I don,t know how you got the knowledge that the weight of the car is a contributing factor.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Edit by Holyhead.

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Same i heared when i was at Toyota Headoffice here in Holland. So thats what they tell us.. :|

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
sorry just read the other thread

·
Registered
4 Posts
On crack number 2. First appeared beginning May, number 2 appeared on Saturday. My understanding was the screen had been modified so wasn't expecting the second crack :-( I have an Excel 1.2 with DAB radio. Still love love love my car though

·
Registered
681 Posts
**sparky** said:
On crack number 2. First appeared beginning May, number 2 appeared on Saturday. My understanding was the screen had been modified so wasn't expecting the second crack :-( I have an Excel 1.2 with DAB radio. Still love love love my car though
So the crack from Saturday is on the newly replaced screen (the second one) if I understand it right.

57 so far on this forum.

·
Registered
554 Posts
All UK models have DAB IIRC?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Really not sure the DAB can be root cause. Yes mine is hybrid and with DAB but I had cracks in space of 10 mins on both sides of screen not just near the antenna
New screen hasn't been a prob....so far

1 - 20 of 26 Posts