Toyota C-HR Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,533 Posts
Radar is behind the Toyota Logo in front and camera is on top of windshield near the rear view mirror

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Again it's very wet and freezing around zero degrees in Helsinki capital region.
And again "enjoying" the beep-beep sounds of the warning...

Hope that this is a fault not a feature!

I will contact our dealer if they have got some new information from the factory about the fixing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My front warning again went nuts yesterday. This is he first time in dry weather. And I wiped the front sensors too mid drive to see if it's dirt.

Anyone found a solution with Toyota garages yet? They keep telling me to bring it back WHEN it's doing it - but that's on my commute to work! When I take it to them, of course they cannot replicate the issue!

Anyone fixed it????

·
Registered
641 Posts
I have had no issues with the front sensors/radar at all in any weather. Snow freezing wet windy dry hot.
The one time it moaned at me was driving through a mud puddle and got the Toyota badge filthy.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Drove through heavy rain on the Autobahn and local roads during the weekend, with this post in mind but zero, everything worked or didn't work as it should!

·
Registered
641 Posts
So after saying I have had no issues I have had a few mis alarms this morning on the drive to work.
Low speed coming to a two lane junction. Pulling up with a car in the right hand lane. CHR suddenly decides we are going to hit it and brakes and alarms go off. It's about 4 feet to my right and in a different lane. No where near us lol. Scared the monkeys out of me!

Roads are wet and greasy atm so it certainly pays to keep them wiped down as much as possible but can hardly do that when driving along.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I would be interested on what setting you have it on? I for one have it on two bars.

·
Registered
641 Posts
StadtPanzer said:
I would be interested on what setting you have it on? I for one have it on two bars.
I will check this tonight when I get back to my car :)

·
Registered
641 Posts
Was set to two. I've put it on one. Will see if that helps.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Collision warning system uses camera in centre of windscreen and cruise radar I believe. If it sees something stationary when going round a bend for example - at speed, it will inform you to brake! It’s not a fault: system errs on side of caution.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts