Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently Android auto has been dropping out more and more we live fairly rural so we expect problems. It's been working fairly well up till I took Spotify off my phone. Phone is a Nokia,and being an ex
builder I've blitzed more expensive ones so wouldn't change that. I can live with Toyota sat nav,just sometimes takes a while to wake up. It's a slight annoyance, some body will an idea I'm sure BTW I'm not a tech fella.

·
Registered
330 Posts
My wife is happy with the advice I provided mamy months back: when it happens for the second time and unplugging and plugging back the cable solves the problem - just change the cable.
Whenever she changes the cable she is back happy and I buy another 1-2€ short cable. And store it under the armrest.
I tried premium cables, but they are always too long and it's more of an annoyance than a benefit.

It takes 2-3-4 months for a cable to wear down. But they do wear down and it's annoying when that happens.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My wife is happy with the advice I provided mamy months back: when it happens for the second time and unplugging and plugging back the cable solves the problem - just change the cable.
Whenever she changes the cable she is back happy and I buy another 1-2€ short cable. And store it under the armrest.
I tried premium cables, but they are always too long and it's more of an annoyance than a benefit.

It takes 2-3-4 months for a cable to wear down. But they do wear down and it's annoying when that happens.
I've just bought a shorter cable from Halfords tonite,got about 10mins before it dropped off. Drabisan heard about Spotify causing faults with Android,but wouldn't have thought taking it off would cause it ? It's mainly for Satnav,but it's not causing me sleepless nights,just makes me mutter unkind words to it when it does it.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Some other option worth trying: update the software running on multimedia unit.
If the multimedia system has Toyota navigation, you should be able to download the latest software plus map updates directly from Toyota site.
If your unit is like mine, with AA but without built-in navigation, you can find the latest software here: http://streamtechdoc.toyota-motor-europe.com/techdoc3/audio_navigation/17TDT1EU-DA31_Latest.zip

If you are not comfortable doing that, just ask the dealer to upgrade the software for you.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some other option worth trying: update the software running on multimedia unit.
If the multimedia system has Toyota navigation, you should be able to download the latest software plus map updates directly from Toyota site.
If your unit is like mine, with AA but without built-in navigation, you can find the latest software here: http://streamtechdoc.toyota-motor-europe.com/techdoc3/audio_navigation/17TDT1EU-DA31_Latest.zip

If you are not comfortable doing that, just ask the dealer to upgrade the software for you.
It seemed ok this morning minor stutter,if it persists then dealer I think thanks for info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts