Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got around to making a couple of customizations to the car, this afternoon.

No of flashes on lane change auto flasher
Lower parking sensor beep volume when moving away from objects
Parking sensor beep volume
Seat belt warning dings
May have been another but I can't remember.

Can Toyota say anything about these, when I take it for it's first service in Sept, or is it a case of it's my car and i'm allowed to make these changes ??

Will they set them back to original settings or not ??

Any advice, gratefully received

·
Registered
380 Posts
I don't know what Toyota thinks about this.
But it won't be reset after service. I even think they won't even look at it.
They just do a diagnostic read out, and these changes won't show up there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Do you know if you can turn off the seat belt requirement for moving (wont let you release handbrake without seat belt on), also can you set the 'hold' to permanent instead of having to put it on for each journey.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To release handbrake without seatbelt on, just put foot in brake.

·
Registered
18 Posts
james.actual said:
Do you know if you can turn off the seat belt requirement for moving (wont let you release handbrake without seat belt on), also can you set the 'hold' to permanent instead of having to put it on for each journey.
Hi James,

Actually in one of my DIY videos that I published in YouTube, I have show how to install a relay to do this to avoid this manual pressing of hold button. The link to video given below.

Kind Regards,

Rajeev Velikkal

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all.
I would like to know the ootb values of PCS parameters.
Can anyone post the default values of these Carista "OTHERS":

. Default distance for Pre-Collision System (PCS) alarm when the PCS switch is turned off and back on
. Default distance for Pre-Collision System (PCS) alarm when the ignition is turned on with the PCS switch off
. Default distance for Pre-Collision System (PCS) alarm when the ignition is turned on with the PCS switch on
. Pre-Collision System (PCS) sensitivity: remember last state

Thank you very much in advance to who will post me an answer.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I would like to ask a stupid question for Carista. If you make an alternation and remove the OBD, will the alteration stay in the car or will it be removed? In other words do you leave the OBD adapter always in the car?

·
Registered
28 Posts
dim_theo said:
I would like to ask a stupid question for Carista. If you make an alternation and remove the OBD, will the alteration stay in the car or will it be removed? In other words do you leave the OBD adapter always in the car?
Someone once said that there are no stupid questions. And s/he was right.

As long as you implement the change in Carista (for the life of me, I can't remember if there's a 'save' button in the app), you are then free to unplug the OBD dongle and use it on other cars (like I did on my partner's Yaris hybrid).

So the answer is "No!" (In other words, the settings are stored in the car's memory.)

By the way, whoever gave us that great quote at the top of my post followed it with "…there are only stupid answers". You have been warned! ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
OBD adapter is only an adapter to talk with the car control unit, that stores the configuration.
So, you can connect the OBD adapter, make the changes, then remote the adapter.
Better, I suggest not to leave the adapter connected normally, as in case of problems it could interfer with the car bus communications.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Thanks to both for the replies.

One more question: I understand you need both the OBD adaptor and to buy a license, which expires at some point. If you make an alteration and remove the adapter and the license expires, what will happen to the existing alterations?

·
Registered
77 Posts
In my opinion the only change needed using Carista is to enable the open/close windows function with the key fob. Useful in hot weather to air the car before getting in, etc.

But what do other people feel is a worthwhile setting to change?

·
Registered
Excel, Hybrid 2018, Metalstream.
460 Posts
You can remove the OBD connector.

·
Registered
402 Posts
https://caristaapp.com/vehicles/toyota/c-hr/1st-gen

There is quite alot you can change with the carista. Check the link out then you can see if worth purchasing it. 1st month free then reduced from 9.99 to 0.99 a week. Or can pay monthly or yearly. Personally. I'd make a list of what you want to change then do it within the month.

·
Registered
73 Posts
james.actual said:
or just hold down the brake button for 3 seconds :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts