Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a bit sick of my lights turning on and off multiple times every journey and I was wondering if it possible to adjust the sensitivity of the auto headlights from within the car?

I've found a setting on the My Toyota website under My Vehicle > About C-HR > Device Settings called Light sensor sensitivity, which I've set to -2, but I'm not sure how this information actual gets from the website to my car. I don't have the car linked to the internet via my phone, and will very occasionally connect to my home network when on the drive.

I've spent some time with the manuals, but nothing seems to be mentioned.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Karmalakas said:
It's called "Light sensor sensitivity" and located under Vehicle Settings on main infotainment system
Thanks. I have hunted for this menu, and I cannot find it. The closest I have is Vehicle Customisation, but it's completely empty. I'll take some photographs later.

I'm thinking this could be related to my car not being internet connected.

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
It's not empty. It's just one option inside and when you tap it, then you get all other options. It seems as it's just a menu title, but it's an option. Tap it. I was frustrated myself when I couldn't find it.

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
As usual make sure your engine is on or the setting will not take

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ans said:
As usual make sure your engine is on or the setting will not take
It's a tough menu to get into to be fair. The top level menu is greyed out when the engine isn't running, and then the Vehicle Customisation menu is greyed out when you're driving. Only available when the engine is running and stationary.

Anyway, it's set now - I did it when I got home last night. I haven't tested the difference yet.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I had this setting set in middle but was very sensitive, so i decided to set in -2, the problem now is that although under dark conditions goes full beam, when is under light it still stays full beam for a long time. I dont know what is the best setting and actually dont know how it works, when is more sensitive it means +2 and is only sensitive to dark or to light also ? Someone to explain these settings please, will appreciate.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Karmalakas said:
It's not empty. It's just one option inside and when you tap it, then you get all other options. It seems as it's just a menu title, but it's an option. Tap it. I was frustrated myself when I couldn't find it.
I've signed up specifically to say a massive THANK YOU for this. I thought I was going mad. Couldn't find anything. Didn't realise you needed to click again. Really poor interface design. Thanks so much. All fixed now!! Star!

·
Registered
Excel, Hybrid 2018, Metalstream.
460 Posts
Auto dipped headlamp sensitivity setting is:- minus is less sensitive ( don't come on unless it's dark ), + is more sensitive (come on early. e.g. when it's cloudy).

Auto headlamp main beam - this activates high beam when camera in front screen thinks you need it. It will also switch off main beam if a car is seen coming towards you. You cannot adjust this - only switch off the system.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts