Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am very interested in a C-HR Petrol Manual Excel in White. Visited the local dealer today and was surprised to discover that if I signed up today it would be delivered to the Dealer on May 16. I thought it would have been a lot longer.

Have a test drive booked for this Saturday and to make sure it fits in my garage. I currently have a 2014 Fiesta to part-ex and just wondered if everyone paid full list price or did anyone manage to get a deal. Carwow request from dealers still all come back at zero discount but ive never paid list for a new car before and want at least something off or thrown in ! I'm probably going for a 3 year PCP but there is obviously no Toyota deposit contribution and the APR isnt even that competative as the cars seem to be so popular.

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
I went for the highest package, which costs here €29600 and got a €2200 discount. So it cost me €27400. Well I didn't pay yet, because still waiting :D

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Can't comment on discounts etc as mine is a lease car.

But I can say your choice of spec and colour is great! It's exactly the one I have :lol: .

G

·
I had to pay list- they completely refused to either haggle or even throw in "extras"- like rubber mats. This was a dealer new to me as I had moved from one part of the country to another; so I phoned the dealer I used to use and who had always given me very good deals in the years before. They, too, wouldn't have been able to offer discount- however, his advice was handy as I had a RAV4, that I'd bought new from them, to part exchange. So when the "new" dealer offered me £2500 less for my RAV4 than I wanted- or could've got elsewhere (but even the £2500 less was more than "webuyanycar.com)- I was able to play off the new dealer against the old and got a reasonable part exchange deal. Eventually. I financed the rest through a bank- much cheaper than any other way.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I managed to negotiate an extra £350 for my pex and a full tank of petrol but could not get a penny off the list price oft he CHR

·
Registered
147 Posts
No discount here either, I was lucky, or not, in that my dealer had one top spec Dynamic available to buy immediately. I haggled the part ex on my Avensis up to near the webuyanycar offer but the said due to demand there was no way they could offer any discount or extras.

I signed up in a moment of madness for the car they had, it's the most I've ever spent on a car and I'm still wondering if it was a sensible thing to do - but the car is so good I can live with it :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Not discount or freebies, apart from a full tank of petrol and a discount on a servicing package. However the dealer was able to supply in colour of my (wife's) choice Nebula Blue quickly and I took delivery just before beginning of April. Great Car really enjoy driving it - only downside my wife prefers it to her car!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Original forecasts for the C-HR was a 75/25 hybrid/Non split, however a friend that works for toyota shared that purchases are more like a 90/10 split.

So I'd think that you're far more likely to stand a chance of a discount on a non-hybrid power plant?

Although of course VED changes from 1st April may change the spread in the UK.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Well you got to factor in the popularity of the car.
When I ordered mine it was 3 mth wait for 1.2T and 4 mth wait for the hybrid.
My dealer told me that this has now gone up to 6mth for the hybrid.
So for a car that has a waiting list I wouldn't expect too much discount, and the fact dealers have limited numbers as well.
That said it seems in the UK they aren't giving any.
I'm in Cyprus and I got €1500 off the price and €1000 worth of extras. (Had to pay €500 for a new Speedo in mph as shipping it back to UK soon).

So other countries seem to be getting deals but UK are getting ripped off. One of the reasons my father went for the impressive new Peugeot 3008, he got £3000 off new price.
Even looking on autotrader, the dealers "used" ones with 2000 miles on the clock are only selling for £500-700 less than new.

·
Registered
175 Posts
In Germany Toyota via the government offer 3000 euros off the list price as a bonus for buying a Hybrid, also got 3 years free servicing which was only available if I took out the Toyota finance, which I did, took delivery of the car and went in the next day and paid off the finance :lol: :lol:

More than happy with the deal, although the dealer didn't look amused, as I paid it off.. :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts