Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was not happy with the Head Unit in the Australian C-HR Koba so I replaced it with a 1 DIN, 8-inch Android Head Unit from Joying.
I had no need for a CD/DVD Player but wanted picture-in-picture capabilities for movies, choice of GPS App, WIFI and DAB+ Radio, etc. and the Joying unit met all my needs and more.

Plant Car Automotive lighting Hood Grille

I purchased a voltage adapter for the Toyota Rearview Camera which I wired into the Joying harness and did a little repinning of the Joying cable supplied to match the Toyota Koba wiring so that the reverse camera trigger worked.

Hood Computer hardware Electrical wiring Electronic engineering Cable

Vehicle Motor vehicle Auto part Machine Steering wheel

I also purchased a couple of Apps to meet my personal needs such as Car Launcher AG and Poweramp Music Player

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle Personal luxury car

All steering wheel buttons mapped over correctly, however, I did remap the voice switch to act as a mute button as this is more convenient for my requirements.

Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Grille Car

Comments invited :D

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
Looks great?
And more up to date then the original
How is screen response?
And is it easy to take out the old unit ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not had any issues with response speed on the new unit it is much quicker than the Toyota original.
The faceplate just clips off and the Toyota Unit on the Australian models is held in with 4 bolts.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Australian Warranty law, no issues.
Clock.... are you serious? Why do you think they are different? Different timezones!!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did the same on my old prius 3 but I could never male the factory camera work with the new Android head Unit. It was a gfiv signal so with thar prius you need a gfiv to rca converter that is really expensive. Can you give me more info on how you made your chr original camera work with new Android stereo?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.