Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

just bought a 2017 C-HR Dynamic trim in the UK and am impressed apart from the Multimedia unit 馃檨.

In my old VW car, it was a really easy job to swap the old head unit out for one that had CarPlay & Android Auto. Some Google鈥檌ng led me here and it seems to be more of a challenge.

I see that there are some options out there and various people have posted links to some hardware which might do it.

has anyone anctually taken the plunge, bought one and fitted it? If so, how difficult was it. Is there any soldering etc required?

I鈥檓 in the UK so the RHD version seems a bit more rare.

Many thanks,
Chris

Registered
I also considered this (getting replacement head unit). I also looked at add-on modules to enable android auto/apple carplay functionality with original unit (plug&play options started around 拢332).

Teyes (CC2 or better) seem to be one of the better brands, I think they have come down in price recently and could be good option. I was thinking about replacing with one of these (from aliexpress), there鈥檚 a guide on YouTube for taking unit out.

I haven鈥檛 proceeded as there鈥檚 cost involved (for headunit), losing some of the hybrid & servicing functions and found the mirrorlink Sony Xperia Z2 method (use for trips where I need navigation or going to be in car for while so can watch vids etc).

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

What are the add-on modules? Could you share a link please? I鈥檝e seen a few adds for a USB dongle that claimed to add CarPlay but it looked like a scam to me鈥

Registered
Hi,

What are the add-on modules? Could you share a link please? I鈥檝e seen a few adds for a USB dongle that claimed to add CarPlay but it looked like a scam to me鈥
Hi,
Search for this on google (the online shop is located in Romania, the product is also out of stock at the time of writing, they have a wireless version too):
autoextra carplay and android auto integration for toyota touch2

This is probably the only place I've seen online that sell a complete plug&play system compatible for our cars, but is quite pricey.

(Edit) Actually, Toyota sell a system too which is even more pricey but wonder if it's out of date: Android 6.0.1 extension box for Toyota Touch 2 (Navitouch NT3325)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts