Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's the first time i own a turbo and after 2000 km i'm starting to get a good feel of the car and its performance and capabilities. Still have a question.

Today I noticed when I floor the gas pedal, at the very end there is a click and i can push it further just a small bit.
I was hoping for something to happen ( like an extra boost or something) but the only thing that happens is that the engine goes to 6000 rpm (and higher if i don't let go. There is no extra power, the car stays somewhat at the same speed (or accelerates just slightly). Because it goes immediatly into the red i let the pedal go because i don't want to blow up my engine.

I was just wondering what the purpose was of that click (kickdown click). Why is it there?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vale46 said:
is your car auto? Could be that it drops a gear or two.
It's the CVT automatic version yes. It could be that it drops down one or two gears but don't know for sure.

I think I just don't know how the kickdown click Works and how it can be usefull.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Kickdown is a way to get the motor to "give it all".... I use mine when i drive in the limiter.... for fast overtake.... set i for 80km/h.... cant get over 80 only when i kick down and here it gives hell ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.