Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we arnt here to drag race but I just watched a video that seemed to cut the almost 12sec 0-60 to 10 seconds using B mode. Someone suggests in the comments it adds more electric assist. I would have guessed it keeps the gearbox in a higher ratio though (if it has this ability*just checked and pretty sure it doesnt). What do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BesAs0ZEx5U

·
Registered
95 Posts
I think 0-60 in 10 is highly unlikely, unless it's downhill with a following wind!! Most tests put it at nearer 11.7. Still perfectly adequate for most, but it does conflict with the car's sporty looks. I hate it when people upload 0-60 videos, and then don't back them up with accurate figures.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I spent a good ten minutes pausing the video and noticed what you said, Just under 12 seconds. Then on the bmode run it was much closer to ten seconds.

I know he could have changed incline or position. Shame we didnt get a view of the terrain. I dont think he boasted any figures, was just showing max speed etc.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Don't race the engine for the first 1000 miles? :)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was just about to ask if any one has a run in engine and are willing to give this a go lol

*Ive just read up on the prius and bmode actually produces less regen. Instead using the engine as a pump to waste energy on long decents as it knows the battery will be full in no time. So less regen more power to the wheels then.

·
Registered
760 Posts
One other possibility is battery level. We cant see in the video but if the B run started with a more highly charged battery then there would be more electrical power to help accelerate.
Alex

·
Registered
554 Posts
You wonder why, if the car was capable of 10 seconds, didn't Toyota market it as some type of Launch Control and published a figure of 10 seconds?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got 50mpg with aircon and 60 without roughly. I guess if everyone (customers and the press) start doing flat out 0-60s with no regen it would hammer the figures and not impress the wider audience. Maybe once they have made a first impression and got the mpg figures set they might bring out an update for a sportier sport mode in a year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts